Following are some thoughts from the book, “This Essentialism, The Disciplined Pursuit of Less” Greg McKeown.
Arianna Huffington (Huffington Post) says,” an essential read for anyone who wants to regain control of their health, wellbeing and happiness”.
ESSENTIALISM is not about how to get more things done, it’s about how to get the right thing done. It is about making the wisest possible investment of your time and energy in order to operate at your highest point of contribution by doing only what is essential
With respect to sleep,
- One hour less of sleep equals one more hour of productivity
- Sleep is for failures
- Sleep is a luxury
- Sleep breeds laziness
- Sleep gets in the way of “doing it all”
- One hour more of sleep equals several more hours of much higher productivity
- Sleep is for high performers
- Sleep is a priority
- Sleep breeds creativity
- Sleep enables the highest levels of mental contribution
“If you don’t prioritise your life, someone else will”.